How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


9/30/08

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



I discovered this recipe when a friend made them for us and dropped them off. They were the best Chocolate Chip Cookies I had ever had. We were living in Florida (2001) and I remember it was always so hard to get my cookies to puff up and not turn out flat When I baked them. (I think it was the humidity) These cookies turned out perfect every time, and tasted great! I found out that it was a recipe handed down to her, and every time I make them for some one, they always call for the recipe.


3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs

1 Cup Shortening
1 tsp. Vanilla

2 1/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt

2 Cups Quick Oats
1 cup Milk Chocolate chips

Mix Sugar and eggs, beat until blended. Add the shortening and the vanilla. Cream. Dump flour, soda and salt in to mixer. Blend well, Stir in the oatmeal and the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 min. (I set my oven at 335 degrees, depends on how hot it gets). Makes about two and 1/2 doz. (They freeze well also)

I ALWAYS NEED TO DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!


No comments: