How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


10/4/08

Spice Applesauce Bread















not the best picture, but oh well they tasted yummy

My mom used to make this bread when I was growing up.  It has been along time since I have made it.  Tonight I decided to make muffins instead of bread.

2 1/2 cups applesauce
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
4 tbsp milk

Blend

Sift dry ingredients
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder

Add to applesauce mixture
Beat well
Put in either bread pans or muffin tins
Sprinkle with mixture of:
1/2 cup pecans (I always leave these out because I am not a nutty girl)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean

So Yummy - 

No comments: