How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


12/17/08

Christmas Wassail

This recipe came from Ben's Aunt Kendalyn. Pretty good stuff. I like to keep it in a crock pot... it smells so good that it's like having a potpourri you can drink!

Put in a saucepan:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
5 whole cloves
4 allspice berries
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 piece of ginger root

Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for one hour.

Then combine:
2 cups orange juice (or you can use pineapple juice)
1 cup lemonade
1 quart apple juice or apple cider

Add the spices to the juices, and warm through. Feels very Christmas-y!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Colleen, it was delish! thanks