How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


10/18/08

Dreaming of you Salad


This amazing salad was served at my baby shower and I probably think about it weekly for over 3 years now. I try to order it at restaurants and it is never quite the same. So I called up my friend for the recipe and realized the secret is in her dressing. I served it at my boys birthday for the adults and everyone asked for the recipe.
Spring Mix Lettuce
Candied Walnuts
Pears (slice thin or chopped)
Red Onion (slice thin and then chopped)
Blue Cheese

Dressing:
1 and 1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
2 T Dijon mustard
1 t minced garlic
1/2 t fresh ground pepper
1/4 t salt
*optional sugar (I use about 1/4 cup)
Pour all ingredients into blender or food processor to emulsify or just heavily whisk.

Toss together and Voila!!!

1 comment:

Miralyn said...

That looks so yummy.