How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


10/27/08

Phylzer's Sweedish Cookies

So my Mom's nickname is Phylzer and this was originally her recipe she found. We had them at every important milestone growing up. Since they are my absolute favorite I have been carrying on the tradition even though I am not much of a baker. We had after both the Twins and Aubrey's blessing. They are so sweet and pretty with both pink or blue icing that I thought about calling them Blessing Cookies or Baby Shower Cookies. Here they are at my twins' 3rd birthday party.

1 c soft butter
1/3 c whipping cream
2 c flour
Granulated Sugar
Frosting

Directions:
<> Mix butter, whipping cream, together, slowly mix in the flour.
<> Roll out dough thinly and cut out cookies in little circles (I use my cake decorating icing tube as a punch) My picture above it actually way too thick, I had a 3 year old rolling so if you do it yourself they could get even thinner.
<> Set out a plate with sugar and cover both sides in sugar.
<> Poke holes with fork usually 3 straight lines (I did on the side here to look like baseballs).
<> Place on cookie sheet and Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes. (They should not brown, just possibly get a little golden)
<> After completely cooling** frost one and press another on top to make sandwiches.
**Make ahead and freeze and frost before needed

Here is a picture of one of the birthday boys getting caught stealing cookies off the table. And
then getting caught again later....

2 comments:

Miralyn said...

Thanks for sharing, such cute little pictures.

Amy said...

way to go missi! grand slam! looks like a fun party