How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


10/13/08

Lisa's Sweet Chicken Fingers

This recipe from Lisa Peterson is one my kids favorite meals. We always have it for New Years--with other asian inspired things. We had is yesterday for dinner--so yummy--but I forgot to take a picture when it was fresh and pretty.

Chicken tenders (as many as you need to feed your family)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
2 beaten eggs
1 Tbsp. oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. salt

Dip chicken in eggs. Then dip in combined flour, cornstarch and garlic salt. Coat chicken with flour then fry in lightly oiled skillet till browned on both sides. Add extra oil as you go--or between batches. I have to do two skillets worth of chicken. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Whisk together ketchup, water, sugar and soy sauce in a saucepan, then simmer until warm. Pour over chicken and bake for 45 minutes at 350. You may want to make extra sauce or save some to pour over your rice or with egg rolls. Serve with white rice.

2 comments:

Miralyn said...

Sounds so yummy. I need to add that one to my grocery list this week!!

Amy said...

I've done lisa's fingers too! super easy and soooo good. the kids always make them dissapear.