How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


10/9/08

Pecan Dream Bars



Some of you tried these at the craft activity...."come be corny with candy corn!" (great turn out! It was fun!) and asked for the recipe..Hope you enjoy!


I found this recipe one fall from a Paula Deen Magazine. It tastes wonderful! So close to eating Pecan pie. I have never found the almond brickle chips, so I have substituted white chocolate chips or milk, or semi-sweet chocolate chips. (I prefer the white). If any one knows where I can find Almond brickl chips...please let me know. I think that would make these irresistable.

makes 2 dozen

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
4 large eggs
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 (8 ounce) package almond brickle chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Ina small bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. ( I use my mixer) Press mixure evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
In a medium bowl (mixer again) Combine eggs, remaining 1 cup of brown sugar, corn syrup and melted butter; stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla, pecans and brickle chips. Pour over hot baked crust. Bake 30 min. or until set. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

2 comments:

Amy said...

oh yea! i ate one and they were so moist and yummy

Anonymous said...

sharingislove.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading sharingislove.blogspot.com every day.
fast cash
pay day loans