How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


1/27/09

Pizza Meatloaf

I bought a meatloaf pan at Walmart.  It has two pans. The one that fits on top of the other is a drip pan.  It gets rid of the nasty grease.  Anyway, this recipe was on the packaging so I decided to try it.  It was a hit with my family.  Which is difficult to get all six of us to like the same thing.

1 1/2  pounds ground beef
1 can or jar (10 oz) pizza sauce divided
1  1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
1 egg
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 -  When I cooked mine I set the temp at 275 because i was going to be leaving.  It was in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes and it turned out perfect.  Every oven is different so I guess it will depend on your oven.  

In med bowl combine beef, 1/2 of pizza sauce, 1 cup cheese, eggs, bread, salt and pepper. mix together and pack into the loaf pan.

Bake 1 hour or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.  Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Heat remaining pizza sauce.  Serve heated sauce over meatloaf  and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

No comments: