How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


4/13/09

"Cannery" Hot Cocoa Mix Chocolate Pudding

It drives me nuts to buy the convenient lunch size packages of crackers/cheese/puddings. so in my latest attempt to stretch my dollar i found this fun recipe in the big yellow book from the cannery. it's called "basic food storage cookbook". I made pudding from the hot chocolate mix. heehee quick side story. i wasn't too excited to make more hot chocolate from it because one winter's evening brian turned down the lights, flipped on the fire and the Christmas tree lights and said, let's cozy up by the fire, drink hot chocolate, and stare at our tree. very out of the after-kids-are-in-bed routine. so he made hot chocolate. oh my gosh! it was awful! we couldn't stop laughing as we tried to drink this stuff. brian's not one for reading how to mix it so he dumps and stirs. ew. we were drinking clumps of powdery chocolaty sugar in luke warm water. but the cuddling was the best heehee.


so here's the yummy pudding recipe.


1/4 Cup cornstarch

1/4 Cup sugar

dash of salt

3/4 Cup Hot Cocoa Mix

1 Cup cold water

1 Cup hot water

1/2 tsp. vanilla


Mix together in saucepan the cornstarch, sugar, salt, cocoa mix. add cold water and stir until dissolved. add hot water. stir constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. stir in vanilla. chill and serve. may be poured into individual dishes after cooking if desired. serves 4


so here it is; all ready for Brilee's lunch!