How Does This Blog Work?

First, you become an author. Send me your email address (whoseamy@gmail.com) and I will send you an invite to begin posting. I can walk you through the posting process just send me an email.


4/20/09

Chicken Licken'

This was the Chicken tomato- cream sauce that I brought to the RS birthday celebration. This recipe was tried one day because I was looking through a crock pot cock book and thought that it sounded interesting. I decided to give it a try, and it instantly became a favorite. I often times take it to potlucks, socials and serve it when the missionaries eat over. It feeds a lot and is so tasty, you might find yourself licken' the plate clean!

4-6 chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless- the original recipe calls for thighs)
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 & 1/3 Tbsp. Paprika
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. chili powder
2 (16 0z) cans cut up or diced tomatoes- I can never find this size, so I use the 14.5 0z size
1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1- cup heavy cream
1 pkg of rigatoni (or any pasta)
add last two ingredients later.
makes 6-8 servings
(I doubled the recipe for the RS dinner)


Stir the ingredients in the crock pot except for the cream and pasta ( I usually add frozen chicken on the top, after I have stirred the other ingredients in)

Cook on High for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

Boil noodles on the stove top and add cream to the crock pot at the end of cooking time.

( I have found that the mixture is still very runny, so I mix cornstarch and water together and stir it in at the end also. Last time I made it, for the RS dinner, I made two, one for the dinner and one for home. My family never turned off the crock pot and I found that the cream had thickened up nicely- try adding the cream in earlier to let it cook longer and thicken up.)

You can easily store a lot of the ingredients in your food storage.